Emergency Drinking Water Supply
Groundwater Engineering’s team specialises in the Meckow Aquapur portable water treatment system.
Aquapur is a unique water purification system which can transform contaminated water from almost any non-saline source into safe, clean drinking water. It requires no electricity for the filtration process and produces 1000 liters of safe clean water per hour. Eliminating diseases and sufficient to supply up to 2000 people per day, with safe clean drinking water, the Aquapur unit is therefore ideal for communities in the developing world, or for applications including:
- Remote/Rural Communities
- Disaster Areas
- Refugee Camps
- Construction Sites
- Military Deployments
Multiple Aquapur units can operate in parallel if the demand of clean water supply is higher. The output of the numbers of Aquapur can be directed to a single reservoir.
The key advantages of the Aquapur unit are that it:
- Operates WITHOUT the need for electrical power.
- Requires NO specialist skill for installation or routine maintenance.
- Can be easily transported, installed and maintained at very low cost, requiring minimal training to operate.
- Requires only very occasional, simple replacement of consumable items – which are always readily available – worldwide.
- Withstands the extremes of the elements and successive relocation, by being strongly made from materials which ensure a satisfactory working life for the system of more than 25 years.
Maintenance involves simply removing the primary filters, before washing and replacing them. The chemicals used for purifying the water are readily available world-wide.
Groundwater Engineering’s team has decades of experience in all types of groundwater supply and pumping, and we provide a complete service to meet client needs, whether it is purchase of Aquapur units or a complete design and installation service to deploy water treatment units in the field, to meet emergency and disaster relief situations.